Heartfelt, touching & absorbing!
FIVE FEET APART by RACHAEL LIPPINCOTT was such an endearing, engaging and a sweet Teens & YA novel featuring two teenage main characters, Stella and Will who are both patients in the hospital with Cystic Fibrosis that fall in love. I was totally taken with this story and this tale of these two star-crossed lovers, Stella and Will as they totally consumed my thoughts and my heart.
This book immediately grabbed my attention with that gorgeous cover and I knew it was a book that I had to read. Although I was a little bit worried because it is marketed for the Teens & YA genre but I needn’t have worried though as I was immediately drawn into this touching and heartbreaking story and I couldn’t put it down. This story was so sad to read at times but yet at other times it was so hopeful. It had me smiling and feeling such warmth and love for these two characters.
RACHAEL LIPPINCOTT delivers an intriguing, emotional, well-plotted and well-written read here with relatable and likeable characters that I couldn’t help but to fall in love with. The story is told in alternating perspectives between Stella and Will and I thoroughly enjoyed both narratives equally. They complimented each other so well and I really felt for them. Both of their situations and feelings towards each other rang true and I loved how I learned so much more about Cystic Fibrosis.
The story might be considered to be a little bit corny or cliche for some but for me I totally fell for it and devoured it in two sittings. I am a total sucker for emotional and sweet romance novels.
Learning that this book is already being made into a movie I just had to watch the trailer and I know that it is a movie that I am definitely putting on my list of movies to watch.
- Cover: Eye-catching, gorgeous, intriguing and a beautiful representation to storyline.
- Title: Such a meaningful, emotive and fitting representation to storyline.
- Writing/Prose: Well-written, effortless, genuine, light and beautiful.
- Plot: Engrossing, interesting, heartfelt, steady-paced, and entertaining.
- Ending: An open-ended ending that left me feeling hopeful and totally satisfied.
- Overall: The story is a tender, light and easy read that just simply pulls at the heartstrings. Would highly recommend!
Thank you so much to Simon & Schuster Canada and Rachael Lippincott for providing me with an advanced readers copy of this wonderful book.
Have you read this one? Want to add it to your TBR? Want to see the movie? Drop us a comment! We love to hear from you.