Norma’s Keto in a Coulee Progress
Hello Week Two! I have just completed two weeks on my new keto lifestyle, and it will be beneficial for me to blog my progress to help me with accountability issues as well as keeping me motivated. Please feel free to join me or send me some encouraging words!
Norma’s Dinner Journal
I eat my breakfast and a lunch, which usually consists of the same thing everyday so I thought I would only include my dinners in my food journal below.
Sunday – 2 egg omelette with onions and ham.
Monday – Chicken Caesar Salad and Cheese Crisps. My rating for the Cheese Crisps (Simply Keto cookbook) is 9/10. They were quite good and would definitely make that recipe again.
Tuesday – Breakfast for dinner tonight! Made Olivia’s Cream Cheese Pancakes from my Simply Keto cookbook with some bacon, avocado slices and mashed cauliflower. My rating for the pancakes is 6/10 – not sure if I would make them again.
Wednesday – 2 egg omelette with onions and ham.
Thursday – Date Night, honey & I went out for dinner tonight and I ordered Steak Oscar with Caesar Salad. It was extremely good and we had a wonderful evening out!
Friday – Lloyd’s work function, bowling. Ate some salt & pepper wings and crustless pizza. Over indulged on red wine.
Saturday – Making pork chops for supper this evening.
I wasn’t too creative with my food this past week but I stayed on plan and task though. My body is in ketosis and I have noticed a difference with my clothes but didn’t really notice a change on the scale though. I am not discouraged at all though because I do realize that inches are better than weight removed. I also know that my body drops scale weight every two weeks. One week might be 0.5 – 1 lb and then the next week I can lose up to 2 – 3 lbs. So we will see what happens next week.
- Weight: ⬇️ 0.4 lbs
- Start Date: October 20, 2018
- Sleep: I still haven’t noticed any difference with my insomnia but I have incorporated a few things into my nightly routine though to see if that helps some. One thing I have changed is no computer use after 10:00 every night.
- Energy Level: My energy level is still about the same. I am dragging my feet a little bit today though.
- Difficulty Level: Moderate! I really need to prepare and plan. If I do I find things so much easier.
- Goals: NO NIGHT-TIME EATING, NORMA! Don’t forget to prepare a lunch! Drink water! (My goals are the same this week because I totally failed with preparing and bringing a lunch with me to work.)
- Affirmation: You are stronger than you think!
Random Thoughts: I am still very pleased with my overall progress this past week but I definitely need to prepare and plan more!
Do you have a keto recipe to share with me? Any comments are welcome! 🙂